Amends the Small Business Act with respect to the Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) and Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) programs to extend funding and revise provisions, including those concerning award levels, qualifications for program participation, collaboration and partnerships, acquisition preferences, performance measurement and oversight, workforce development, the Department of Defense (DOD) commercialization readiness program, nanotechnology, and intellectual property protections.
- funding for SBIR and STTR administrative, oversight, and contract processing costs;
- a study concerning venture capital operating company involvement;
- measures for reducing vulnerability of SBIR and STTR programs to fraud, waste, and abuse;
- an Interagency SBIR/STTR Policy Committee;
- a report on SBIR and STTR program goals; and
- competitive selection procedures for SBIR and STTR programs.
Motion to Invoke Cloture on the Motion to Proceed to S. 493
Motion to Proceed Agreed to 84-12, 4 not voting (3/5 required)