House FloorSenate Floor • U.S. Capitol: 202-224-3121
MembersCommitteesPrayerRecordNewsToday

May 3, 2011

Eliminating Osama bin Laden

[Page: H2925]  GPO's PDF 

---

(Mr. PAYNE asked and was given permission to address the House for 1 minute and to revise and extend his remarks.)

Mr. PAYNE. Let me begin by commending our Commander in Chief, President Barack Obama, and his team of experts who debated and discussed the exercise that eliminated Osama bin Laden. On an issue like this, there are many different points of view, and it takes a person who has the ability to evaluate to take charge. And he made a decision.

We certainly would like to commend the Navy SEALs who did another extraordinary job, just as they did in Somalia when I was there. I was in Somalia the day after the Navy SEALs eliminated the pirates who had hijacked a ship. And I was at a press conference in Mogadishu where I said that when you tread on Americans, this is the result. In the middle of Mogadishu as I left, as you may recall, my plane was fired on by persons who are related to al Qaeda.

Well, let me once again comment that New Jersey, who lost so many people in 9/11 going to the World Trade Center where many of them work, we hope that they will have some peace.

(House of Representatives - May 2, 2011)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Blog Archive