H.Res. 66: Providing for consideration of the bill (H.R. 273) to eliminate the 2013 statutory pay adjustment for Federal employees, and for other purposes.
Sponsor: Rep Woodall, Rob [GA-7] (introduced 2/13/2013) Cosponsors (None)
Related Bills: H.R.273
- 2/13/2013 7:45pm:
- The House Committee on Rules reported an original measure, H. Rept. 113-9, by Mr. Woodall.
- 2/13/2013 7:45pm:
- Section 2 of the resolution provides that during any recess or adjournment of not more than three days, the Speaker or his designee may reconvene the House at a time other than that previously appointed, within the limits of clause 4, section 5, article I of the Constitution. Section 3 of the resolution authorizes the Speaker to entertain motions to suspend the rules through the legislative day of February 15, 2013, relating to a measure condemning the government of North Korea and its February 12, 2013 test of a nuclear device. Section 4 provides that on any legislative day from February 16, 2013 through February 22, 2013: (a) the Journal of the proceedings of the previous day shall be considered as approved; (b) the Chair may adjourn the House to meet at a date and time within the limits of clause 4, section 5, article I of the Constitution. Section 5 authorizes the Speaker to appoint Members to perform the duties of the Chair for the duration of the period addressed by section 4 as though under clause 8(a) of rule I.
- 2/14/2013 1:31pm:
- By direction of the Committee on Rules, Mr. Woodall called up H.Res. 66 and asked for its immediate consideration.
- 2/14/2013 1:33pm:
- POINT OF ORDER - Mr. Polis raised a point of order against the provisions of H.Res. 66 because it violates the Congressional Budget Act. The Chair announced that the disposition of the point of order would be resolved by the question of consideration of H.Res. 66. The House proceeded with 20 minutes of debate on the point of order, at the end of which the Chair will put the question on consideration.
- 2/14/2013 1:51pm:
- Considered as privileged matter.
- 2/14/2013 3:25pm:
- On ordering the previous question Agreed to: 229-194 (GT).
- 2/14/2013 3:32pm:
- On agreeing to the resolution Agreed to: 227-192 (GT).
House advances federal pay freeze, vote set for Friday bit.ly/X8vn9r— GovTop Network (@GovTop) February 14, 2013